Wednesday, October 11, 2006

COUPLE DATING SUCKS!

Ah - Katie. The changing of identity once you get married. I totally relate to what you are saying and had a hard time adjusting to it once I got married. Giving up guy friends, endless time to just hang out with girlfriends, all that. And finding couple friends is the hardest, and yes, it's never as intimate with them as the friendships you are used to. Everything feels a little more surfacy when you are couple dating. Even now, my closest girlfriends are all single and I think the fact that they are single if why we've been able to be so close. That's another great thing about our little sisterhood- as life changes and people come in an out, it's nice when your family becomes your closer friends, and your have less people pulling you in different directions. I could go off forever on this stuff because I think it's fascinating.

Good old John Linford. Tell him I send my love when you see him again- he is the one male friendship I have been able to keep since I got married because Danny respects and likes him so much. Tell him I am a cute fat pregnant lady.

I've been thinking lately about the transistions of life, and how easy it is to go through them and not really being conscious of them. I mean, I am sitting a Borders right now, doing my homework, skimming through books that interest me, and I realize that in three months, I will no longer have this luxury to have my days to myself to plan as I want. It's scary, but also exciting, because luckily I am actually looking forward to entering the stage Britt is in- cooking dinner every night, keeping to the kid's schedules, doing mom stuff. I am so glad I waited until I did to have this baby because I feel so ready, and much more conscious and opinionated about how I want to enter motherhood and so much more solid in myself. I'm glad I listened to that little voice, to myself. It's hard to learn how to do, especially with expectations, and cultural norms, and sometimes just not knowing what else to do.

I'm rambling. I am just feeling very glowy, maternal, peaceful pregnant goddess as I rub my belly and try to be present during this whole thing. Another pregnant woman in my ward who's baby shower I attended two weeks ago just had her baby and it was born stillborn, along with many abnormalities. I just feel so blessed I have a healthy body and healthy baby and can go to prenatal yoga and am bringing this child into a two parent household and a stable home life. I just feel really blessed.

Can't wait until we all have kids and meet up at the beachhouse for a month in the summer. The hubbies can visit on the weekends and we can have a little compound where we all mother each other's kids ( and take turns making Katie's little boy's mohawk stand up straight). that sounds like absolute bliss to me.

LONG ENTRY. LOVE YOU ALL.

No comments: