Girls Girls Girls...
So danny and I went to Carmel and Monterrey this past weekend for a wedding. It was awesome. So beautiful up there. Kat and Britt I don't know if you remember, but we went there with Dad and Cathy when they were dating and mom was in Washington DC> Remember the Aquarium in Monterrey? yeah, we went there again. Wasn't as cool. But it is so beautiful. Danny's friend who got married is Indian so we got to see a traditional Indian wedding which was way cool.
I just did a paper on "The Impact of the Death of a Parent on a Child" and it was really interesting. I'm actually feeling really lucky because I think we had a lot of factors that contributed to us adjusting relatively nomrally- a church community, extended family, self esteem, structure after the death. I did read a book called "Motherless Daughters" which was really interesting and I think we should all read it- it was interesting to see myself in a lot of the stoies ( basically learning how to be your own emotional parent). Katie- I kept thinking about Mike too and how his parents death must have impacted him. What a resilient person to be where he is at. So after this paper I am thinking I might want to specificalize in working with children who are dealing with the loss of a parent. There are lots of cool things you can do with 'play therapy' that help the children express what they are feeling even when they don't have the words.
What else? My back hurts cause of my big belly, but I'm trying to stay pretty active. I'm really into nesting, so I painted my stairs and all the trim in my house a brighter white all day yesterday. Whatever. I got a new vacuum which was the highlight of my day yesterday.
Danny and I are going to Orange County this weekend with a couple we are friends with. Danny is going to golf and me and my girlfriend who is also pregnant are gonna go to the spa and get pregnancy massages!!!! I can't wait. There is also this really cool swap meet down inthe OC that we will be hitting tomorrow. Wish you all were here to go with me. So much fun stuff to do here.
So I love you all lots. Britt- send pictures of the kids from Halloween!!!!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment