Monday, May 19, 2008

GRADUATION WEEKEND






So I have been the slacker and haven't posted for a while so I'm stepping up.
Had a fabulous weekend with Dad and Cathy. Graduation day was insanely hot and the ceremony was outside so the whole thing was pretty painful, but it felt like a big accomplishment. I thought of Mom right before crossing the stage, and it felt eventful being the first woman in our family with a graduate degree. I felt significant to me to have Dylan there to witness, even though she won't remember. I am hoping she will grow up with a sense that she can accomplish anything, and to follow her passions, and hope to be someone she can look to who has done the same. Ok enough about how great I am.

We all went to lunch afterward the ceremony at a great restaurant overlooking the ocean. Danny had arranged for everyone to go around the table and say something they appreciated about me. Dad got a little teary eyed during his part, which is always surprising and touching. Tisha was also there being best friend of the year award. She was with me every step of the way and could not have been cuter with Dad and Cathy. I feel lucky to have her.
The only thing missing was having my sisters there. It makes me sad how I miss out on the big accomplishments of everyone ( way to go Ash on the triathalon!) but I know you were there with me in spirit.
Dad and Cathy were a delight. They were great guests and very engaging with Dylan. Dad was especially cute. He kept feeding Dylan, rocking her, blowing on her tummy. Warms my heart.
All in all, I feel very blessed and happy and excited to be engaged in something I believe in, I am good at, and that helps others.
Lots of love to you all!

No comments: