


So I am running to to some difficulties. Here is the 411... Dad and I had the "what to look for when shopping for a husband" talk which I really took to heart. Got to give the man some credit because after all he does know a lot about what does not work in a marriage. As some of you know { haven't been able to fill Katie in yet} this had taken a tole of me. I am trying not to get ahead of myself and at the same time listen to myself. This whole marriage thing has not been easy on me with anyone I have dated. Anyway now I am getting the talk about morally because I came home late on Sat {even though I am home at eleven o clock every week day night} I promise you that out of all the boys, Rick has been a saint when it come to this issue. But Dad is worried because in my patriarchal blessing it warns me about this particular thing. Dad says grandpa says when you get comfortable with someone then its too hard and you should brake up or get married. Up until now I have not told dad this is my plan with Rick. I feel that I can not keep it a secret from him anymore because he needs to understand why I have been reacting "differently" or whatever. The fact that I should tell him worries me because I know he would push a wedding or at least give me more marriage advice and input then I know what to do with. I don't want to get married before I graduate. I understand everyones concern and I know it gets hard and I know people should not wait when you feel it is right and I know I need to look for A B C if Rick is "the one." I promise I am trying to consider everything and still listen to the spirit, but it had been hard. I also feel that telling dad will lead to no support in moving out because I need to be more responsible with my money, there will be no one to supervise, etc. He is a very practical man and I expect practical answers. If i am discouraged from moving out then that is a whole other set of problems with my friends. Things are nuts!
I hope everyone is enjoying the stage they are in and glad they are over making the most important decision of their lives!
I love you all
me
ps that is my favorite pic of Ric and Gray's first experience with fireworks
No comments:
Post a Comment